Create a Data Hub Service User Account
MarkLogic Server provides a default authentication that uses the internal security database. To use internal authentication, you must first create a Data Hub Service (DHS).
Before you begin
- An AWS VPC (virtual network)
- An AWS peer role
- A peered DHS network
- To configure network routing between client-side and DHS networks
- A Standard or Low Priority DHS with a Peered Network
About this task
- Go to the MarkLogic Data Hub Service home page.
- Navigate to your DHS to add a service user account.
- In the Service column, click the service name.
Tip: You can customize your dashboard with column sorting, column configuring, and services searching and filtering. See Customize DHS Dashboard.
- In the Data Hub Service page,
- In the Manage Service page, click .
- In the Add Service User page, fill in the account information and select the roles to assign to the new user.
See Service Roles.
- Click .
If you manage users internally with DHS and decide to manage users externally with LDAP, click .
- In the Confirmation modal window, click .
What to do next
(Optional) If your DHS network is peered, you can configure SSH Tunneling:
(Optional) Update the user account as needed: