App Server Logs
Before you begin
- An AWS VPC (virtual network)
- An AWS peer role
- A peered DHS network
- To configure network routing between client-side and DHS networks
- A Standard or Low Priority DHS with a Peered Network
- A DHS user account with assigned roles to internally manage DHS users
- (Optional) To add an LDAP configuration to externally manage DHS service users
This task retrieves app server logs for endpoints in your Data Hub Service (DHS) instance. App server logs are retrieved for the last hour.
About this task
Important: For this task, you need the SERV-ADMIN portal role. See Portal Roles.
- Go to the MarkLogic Data Hub Service home page.
- Navigate to your DHS instance to retrieve app server logs.
- In the Service column, click the service name
Tip: You can customize your dashboard with column sorting, column configuring, and services searching and filtering. See Customize DHS Dashboard.
- In the Data Hub Service page, click to open the drop-down menu.
- In the Action drop-down menu, hover over Download Logs to display the list of endpoints in a pull-down menu.
- To download app server logs for an endpoint, click an endpoint.
Note: Logs are downloaded to your computer inside of a zipped folder. The zipped folder contains the following logs in individual text files: Access, Audit, Error, and Request.
- App server logs are retrieved for the last hour.
- You can download app server logs that are 10MB or less. If you are unable to download app server logs, contact Support.
- To view the app server logs, navigate to the location on your computer where you locally downloaded the app server logs.