Create a Standard Data Hub Service with a Public Network
Before you begin
About this task
- Go to the MarkLogic Data Hub Service home page, and select Data Hub Service from the menu.
- In the Create Data Hub Service page, configure your service.
Field Description Service Type
- Choose Standard if this DHS will be the live production instance of your data hub.
Name The name of your DHS. Version The DHS version of your service, including the Data Hub and MarkLogic Server versions installed in your service.
Choose a DHS version number to create a service with the latest X.X.x release. For the latest release, see Release Notes.Tip: If more than one DHS version is available, hover over each version number to display the Data Hub and MarkLogic Server versions installed with each version.
Network The name of the preconfigured network to use. The network can be peered or public.Note: You must choose a network that is compatible with this version. If none of your networks are compatible with the chosen version, you must create a new network. Region The region where your preconfigured network is located. Default:
us-west-2. See Supported Regions - AWS .
Access Public is selected by default. Services with a public network allow public access to your DHS endpoints. You can use any machine that is set up as a peer of the MarkLogic VPC. To restrict access to your DHS endpoints, see Set Up a Peered Network. Capacity MarkLogic Data Hub Service capacity is measured in MarkLogic Capacity Units (MCU). One MCU has approximately 1GB of memory with appropriate CPU and network capacity. MarkLogic Data Hub Service is provisioned to provide a baseline level of MCUs that govern the target storage for DHS. This provisioned capacity also governs how frequently and for how long it can burst above baseline performance. See Pricing.
Important: After you create your service, you cannot change the capacity range. You can change the capacity only within the previously selected range. For example, if you create a service with a range of
- In the MCU range drop-down menu, select the capacity range for your service.
- Drag the slider to select your preferred capacity.
64-112, you can change the capacity from
112. You cannot change the range to
Click the following link to view a full list of DHS administration resources.
- Click .
To see the MarkLogic Data Hub Service details, click the service name.
What to do next
- Manage the service admins and users who can manage a specific DHS or access its endpoints:
- You can manage the admins who can manage your portal in AWS.
- (Optional) You can manage the Service Administrators who can manage your DHS.