Managing and Running Steps and Flows
- Load/Ingest your raw data into MarkLogic Server.
- Create an entity model to standardize your data fields.
- Map the fields in your raw data to the fields of the entity model.
- (Optional) Match and merge duplicates.
You must be assigned the following security roles:
- To add a step to a flow: Hub Central Developer or Hub Central Curator
- To run a step: Hub Central Operator or Hub Central Curator
Or any role that inherits the required role. See Users and Roles.
Managing Flows and Running Steps
Changes are made to the database when you run steps in a flow. After creating and configuring your steps, you must add them to a flow and run them.
- You can add steps to a new or existing flow.
- You can add the steps to a flow in the same area where you created the step (Load or Curate) or in the Run area.
To create a flow and add steps to a flow, see Manage Steps and Flows Using Hub Central.
To run steps in a flow, see Run Steps in a Flow Using Hub Central.