Enable PII Using QuickStart
Before you begin
About this task
- Edit your entity model definition to mark properties as PII.
- Start QuickStart and log in to your MarkLogic server.
- Edit the entity model. You might have to expand the card to display the entity descriptor.
- In the row of the property to designate as PII, click on the PII column.
- Deploys the model descriptor to the FINAL database.
- Requests MarkLogic to generate a security configuration for the PII properties in the model.
- Saves the resulting configuration files to your project.
- Protected paths are stored in PROJECT_DIR/src/main/ml-config/security/protected-paths/.
- Query rolesets are stored in PROJECT_DIR/src/main/ml-config/security/query-rolesets/.
- Run the Gradle task hubDeploy or hubDeployAsDeveloper.
After the configuration files are deployed, only users with the pii-reader role will be able to view PII values in harmonized documents that they are allowed to view.