This chapter describes how to set up your Tableau to communicate with MarkLogic Server. THe main topics are:
After successfully connecting Tableau to MarkLogic Server, you can add the defined views, as tables, to your workbook.
- Select ‘main' from the Schema pull-down menu, click on Single Table and click on the magnifying glass icon:
- In the Select Table dialog, select ‘employee' and click Select:
- In the Generic ODBC Connection dialog, select Multiple Tables and click Add Table:
- In the Add Table dialog, click on the magnifying glass icon:
- Select ‘expenses' from the list of tables and click Select:
- Click Ok to close the confirmation window.
- In the Generic ODBC Connection dialog, click OK:
- In the 'Create a Tableau data extract to use the full functionality of Tableau prompt,' click Ok:
- In the Data Connection dialog, select the desired data connection type:
|Connect live ||Creates a direct connection to your data. As reports are generated, data is pulled live from the data source. The speed of your data source will determine performance. |
|Import all data ||Imports the entire data source into Tableau's fast data engine as an extract. The extract is saved with the workbook. |
|Import some data ||Imports a subset of the data into Tableau's fast data engine as an extract. This option requires that you to specify what data you want to extract using filters.|
- In the Data View window, click on FirstName and LastName. You should see your data stored in MarkLogic Server displayed in tables on the right.
Copyright © 2017 MarkLogic Corporation. MARKLOGIC is a
registered trademark of MarkLogic Corporation.