MarkLogic 7 Product Documentation
- XQuery/XSLT Function ReferenceAPI documentation for the MarkLogic built-in and module extensions to the XQuery and XSLT standard functions. It also contains API reference information for the W3C standard functions implemented in MarkLogic Server.
- ZIP File of All MarkLogic Product DocumentationA zip file containing this documentation.
Getting Started Guides
- Getting Started With MarkLogic Server | A quick, step-by-step overview of how to get up and running with MarkLogic Server.
- Installation Guide for All Platforms | Contains procedures for installing and upgrading MarkLogic Server on all platforms.
- Release Notes | Contains a summary of new features, upgrade compatibility information, and other information about this release.
- Application Developer's Guide | Provides procedures, methodologies, and conceptual information about general application development tasks in MarkLogic Server.
- Search Developer's Guide | Provides procedures, methodologies, and conceptual information about developing search-related applications in MarkLogic Server. Includes information about the Search API and the built-in search features of MarkLogic Server.
- Application Builder Developer's Guide | Provides step-by-step information on using the Application Builder to build a search application, and also provides information on customizing applications built with the Application Builder.
- Information Studio Developer's Guide | Provides step-by-step information on using the Information Studio to load content into MarkLogic Server.
- XCC Developer's Guide | Contains an overview of what you can do with the XCC libraries, examples of how to use XCC, and an overview of the sample applications included with XCC.
- MarkLogic Connector for Hadoop Developer's Guide | How to create Apache Hadoop MapReduce jobs that use MarkLogic Server as an input data source or an output destination. This book includes an overview of the sample applications.
- Java Application Developer's Guide | Provides procedures, methodologies, and conceptual information about developing MarkLogic Server applications using the Java API.
- REST Application Developer's Guide | Provides information on MarkLogic Server administration and application development using the MarkLogic REST API.
- Semantics Developer's Guide | Provides information on developing semantic applications with MarkLogic.
- Administrator's Guide | Provides procedures for administrative tasks such as creating servers, creating databases, backing up databases, creating users, setting up your security policy, and so on.
- Scripting Administrative Tasks Guide | Provides information on writing code to script various administrative tasks such as creating and modifying databases, App Servers, and so on.
- Database Replication Guide | Provides a thorough explanation of how to configure and use MarkLogic database replication.
- Flexible Replication Guide | Provides step-by-step information on replicating MarkLogic Server content using Flexible Replication.
- Monitoring MarkLogic Guide | Provides procedures for setting up and using monitoring applications on MarkLogic Server.
- Connector for SharePoint® Administrator's Guide | Documentation for the MarkLogic Connector for SharePoint®, which allows you to mirror documents from a Microsoft SharePoint repository in MarkLogic Server.
Other Reference Guides
- XQuery and XSLT Reference Guide | A condensed overview of the XQuery language, including a description of the three XQuery dialects supported in MarkLogic Server. This book does includes some syntax information, although it is primarily intended as an introduction and quick-reference to the languages, not as a comprehensive reference.
- Content Processing Framework Guide | Provides an introduction to the Content Processing Framework and procedures for installing the default content processing framework.
- Query Performance and Tuning Guide | Provides performance-related information that is useful to application developers and administrators.
- Scalability, Availability, and Failover Guide | Provides information on large-scale system architecture, clustering, and details on setting up both local-disk failover and shared-disk failover.
- Understanding and Using Security Guide | Provides information on the role-based security model in MarkLogic Server.
- MarkLogic Server on Amazon EC2 Guide | Provides information on using an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) of MarkLogic Server on Amazon EC2.
- Query Console User Guide | A procedural guide that describes how to use the Query Console.
- Loading Content Into MarkLogic Server | Provides procedures, methodologies, and conceptual information about loading content into MarkLogic Server. Includes an overview of ingestion techniques available using XQuery, Java, REST, .NET, and the MarkLogic Content Pump (mlcp).
- SQL Data Modeling Guide | Provides information on how to use MarkLogic's SQL interface, including the creation of relational schemas and views.
- Messages and Codes Reference Guide | Error Messages and Codes Reference
- Copyright and Support | Copyright and support information.
REST API Reference
- REST API ReferenceThis API reference documents the REST API for creating client applications without a need to write or understand XQuery as well as the REST resources available on port 8000 for monitoring, managing, and packaging.
- REST API Reference
Java Client API Reference
- javadoc for MarkLogic Client API for JavaAPI documentation for the MarkLogic Java API.
- javadoc for MarkLogic Client API for Java
XCC API Reference
Hadoop Connector API Reference
- javadoc for MarkLogic Connector for HadoopAPI documentation for the MarkLogic Connector for Hadoop.
- javadoc for MarkLogic Connector for Hadoop
- C++ UDF API ReferenceAPI documentation for the C++ User Defined Function (UDF) API.
- C++ UDF API Reference
Admin Interface Help